- My God, if you people only knew what we had to do just get a taste of Tommy’s bomb ass burgers.
You see, originally Carla and I had planned on going to some asian food joint her friend had recommended, but we reached the place, it turned out her friend gave us the wrong address and name. Some “friend” huh?
There was a subway around and I was convinced on settling on that.
Yet, we both knew we couldn’t end our day there, it just didn’t feel right.
I then suggested we hit the Tommy’s in Hollywood. Carla was down.
That’s when shit went downhill for us.
I really can’t remember in the event in the order in which they happened, but I will list them.
- we took the wrong that led us deeper into the concrete jungle that is LA
- while waiting for the 60 bus, another bus came, almost hitting us and some old asian lady, though managing to hit a street sign pretty hard.
- we when got on the right bus, it had to take a huge detour due to constuction.
- when we got off said bus, we actually raced down the subway station only to miss out train by a few seconds. Quite discouraging to be honest.
- we missed the station we were suppose to transfer at and had to trace back out steps. not as easy as it sounds.
- we thought we got off at the right station and turned out we got off on the wrong one and had to race back.
- when we did get off on the right one, thank God, we raced through the blistering cold just to reach the damn place. Took us a good five minutes, just overlapping weirdos and lame-o’s.
Once there, I had to take a picture, to let the world know of our struggle and tale of triumph.
it was all worth it.
Call me cheesy, but i have a feeling this also symbolizes the struggle Carla and I must face. I’m telling yah, the next two years, we MUST give it all we got and then some, to make it out of here. It won’t be easy, and I’m sure at times, we’ll feel like giving it all up, but we can’t forget what’s a stake, and what’s there to gain.
For Carla, it’s about getting out of here and changing the world.
For me, it’s about getting out of here, redemption, and fulfilling my parent’s american dream.